At Loose Ends


I have an itch to paint.  I just finished painting the playroom and while I started in December (it's complicated, more later) I just don't want to put the brushes away.  A floor would be fun.  Or a ceiling.  Did you notice that this one is blue?

Pottery?  Yep, these were sprayed black which would be easy as pie.

A headboard for the poor, neglected third child?  This would offer a chance to use the jigsaw as well.  Bonus.

Stair risers as I've never been able to settle on a runner?

Speaking of easy, I'm such a pushover for black and white and nearly any other color.

The inspiration for the playroom project was Albert Hadley's Trixie wallpaper through Hinson.  I had it sent from the Chicago showroom so I asked them to throw in the fabric just in case.  It's been living on my desk for a while.  Trixie likes it here.  Right here in the office where I can see her.  Maybe I should put away the brushes and pull out the staple gun.  

All images from Rooms to Inspire in the Country by Annie Kelly.  Photography by Tim Street-Porter.  From top, Ellen Ward and Chuck Scarborough's Connecticut home, Carol Bokuniewicz and John Smallwood's home, also Connecticut (I can never write Connecticut without thinking of the nightclub employee in the movie Holiday Inn.)  Final two images, Steven Gambrel in Sag Harbor.

Labels: